Imagine this: cookies baked without any flour that have the same delicious flavor as flour-baked cookies. For people who are intolerant or allergic to gluten or for people looking for decadent cookies, these gluten-free cookies are filled with peanut butter flavor and pieces of chocolate.
Don’t be scared when you read the ingredients because the combination makes the perfect cookie.
The recipe was taken from the Texanerin Baking blog.
~ 1 1/4 cups canned chickpeas
~ 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
~ 1/2 cup peanut butter
~ 1/4 cup honey or agave
~ 1 teaspoon baking powder
~ 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Rinse and pat dry the canned chickpeas.
2. Combine all ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a food processor and process until very smooth. Scrape the sides and top to incorporate chunks of chickpeas. Process until combined.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Form dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on greased baking sheet. Leave in a ball or press down to form a flat cookie.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
The peanut butter component of these cookies distract you from the chickpeas included in these cookies. Instead of the normal flour-based peanut butter cookies, give these cookies with healthy fats a try!